New Berlin, Wis., July 11, 2018 – Wisconsin-based ingredients supplier to the food manufacturing industry, Denali Ingredients, has made a big dough-scovery this summer: Americans are consuming more cookie dough than ever before. In fact, ice cream flavors that contain cookie dough grew double-digits (14%) in the past year* in a category that was flat during the same period.
To meet this growing demand and to spur new branded ice cream and bakery concepts, Denali Ingredients has introduced several innovative extruded cookie dough products in unique shapes and sizes. The new products include:
- Spheres, squares, circles, triangles, stars, hearts, flowers and other original extruded shapes.
- Football-shaped doughs, including a brownie dough for a Football Brownie Sunday ice cream flavor.
- Chunky dough pieces that feature large random shapes.
- Supersized cookie dough “pucks” for food service and novelty applications.
To add to the fun factor, all doughs can be formulated with natural colors. Additionally, they can be blended with low melt flakes for ice cream applications or manufactured shelf stable formulations for confections, trail mix or other applications.
Beyond chocolate chip cookie doughs and brownie doughs, the offering also extends to many other unique tastes and flavors, such as:
- Sugar Cookie, Oatmeal Cookie, Monster Cookie
- Cheesecake, Party Cake, Lemon Cake, Red Velvet Cake
“We are innovators at our core,” said Neal Glaeser, president of Denali Ingredients. “We put a lot of energy into creative flavor concepts that appeal to today’s market trends while at the same time providing new ideas to spark the next big branded product hit for our customers.”
In addition to its dough offerings, Denali is introducing several new ice cream flavor concepts, including:
- Churro: a Churro-flavored ice cream with Churro dough and caramel swirls.
- Chunky Dough: a cookie dough-flavored ice cream with chunky dough and chocolate chunks.
- Stars & Stripes: a vanilla ice cream with red and blue star-shaped dough and a raspberry swirl.
“What we really want our customers to understand is that if you can dream it, we can make it,” said Glaeser. “We were told as kids not to play with our food. Well, not only did we break those rules but we’ve become really good at discovering untapped ingredient concepts.”
About Denali Ingredients
Wis.-based Denali Ingredients is a leading supplier of chocolate coatings, fudge sauces, powders, fruit variegates, stabilizers, extruded products, flakes and other ingredients for the dairy, ice cream, bakery and food service industries. Denali Ingredients is a sister company to Michigan-based Denali Flavors, Inc., one of the leading inventors and marketers of specialty flavors for the ice cream industry, including its signature flavor, Moose Tracks®. For more information, please visit www.denaliingredients.com or www.moosetracks.com.
*Nielsen AOC 52 weeks ending 4-21-18